Class 1 Driver - Nights
Portbury Portbury Shared user site , Wincanton, Garanor Way, Portbury BS20 7XE 51.4742156 -2.7211087
£30,809.00 per annum
We currently are recruiting for committed and reliable Class 1 Drivers, for an exciting opportunity to work nights for our prestigious Greencore contract, driving out of Portbury, Bristol.
Holidays – 20 days basic, Lieu days earned for working bank holidays
50 hours per week salaried
- Rotating shift pattern Sun-Thur and Sun - Frid
- Start times 18:00 and 22:00
- Trunking from Portbury to Plymouth unloading pallets of refrigerated goods using a pallet truck and return
- Required to cover on other contracts when needed, trunking
- Pallet truck training provided
- Ensuring you are compliant with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive.
- You will Adhere to Safe Working Practices.
- You will commit to safe and efficient handling of vehicles – optimising fuel usage and taking responsibility for the cleanliness of vehicles.
- You will also undertake other such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the Transport function or to support our customer.
- Minimum 1 year Class 1 experience
- Full UK HGV 1 (category C+E) driving licence
- Valid UK CPC and tacho card
- No more than 6 points on your driving licence
- No DD, DR, IN10 endorsement codes on your driving licence
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment
£30,809.00 per annum