M&S Home Delivery 7.5t Drivers
Portbury Portbury Garanor Way, Royal Portbury Dock BS20 7XE 51.4837308 -2.712115
UK Portbury M&S
£25,961.67 per annum
Wincanton are looking for LGV Class 2 / 7.5T drivers to join our team carrying out home deliveries for our prestigious client M&S based out of Portbury.
- £25,961.67 per annum
- £10.40 per hour
- Any 4 days out of 6 – between Monday and Saturday
- Start times between 04:00 – 06:00
You will be delivering furniture for M&S as part of a two-person crew throughout your region (city and town driving is advantageous). Customer service will be at the heart of the role.
You will also be required to construct items within the customer's home as per requirements.
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- 28 days annual leave includes bank holidays
- Essential DCPC Training
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Full Uniform
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
- £500 for recommending a lorry driver friend and your friend also gets £250!
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer's homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
- DBS check will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and assembling furniture in customer’s homes. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience & Qualifications
- You MUST hold a valid in date LGVB HGV Class 2 licence or 7.5t grandfather rights licence
- You MUST hold a valid Digital Tachograph card
- Full Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- You MUST have no more than 6 points on your licence
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines
- Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations. such as accidents or traffic jams
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- A great team player
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, work mobile phone, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Portbury M&S
£25,961.67 per annum