Driver - Class 1
Wellingborough Wellingborough NN8 52.3061085999 -0.6927036
CALLING ALL CLASS 1 DRIVERS… JOIN OUR EXPANDING TRANSPORT FLEET WORKING OUT OF OUR NEW CO-OP DEPOT IN WELLINGBOROUGH.
Permanent Role – Any 5 out of 7 days per week
Basic salary £29,161.00pa (40-hour week, before any shift premiums)
We are looking for Class 1 Driver’s to join our busy depot based out of Wellingborough
This role is paying £14.02ph with the following premiums:
- £16.06ph - for hours worked between 18:00 – 06:00
- £17.53ph - for hours worked between Friday 22:00 to 06:00 Saturday and 18:00 to 22:00 Sunday
- £15.49ph – for hours worked between 06:00 – 18:00 Saturday and Sunday
- £21.03ph – for overtime hours
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Weekend and Bank Holiday working required as part of a balanced rota.
Shift start times available between 03:00 and 15:00
Our depot operates 24 hours per day / 7 days per week including weekends and bank holidays, so it is essential that you are flexible.
You will be delivering products to national supermarkets and convenience stores. Products will be in cages so cage manoeuvring is required, it is therefore essential that applicants can carry out these duties.
What we expect from our drivers:
- Ownership for the safe and timely delivery of our customers’ products.
- Securing caged loads and carrying out its transfer from depot to store.
- Operation of point of delivery technology, the completion of driver checks and documentation.
- Carrying out multi-drops within depot region.
- Adhering to Driving legislation and professional competence standards.
- Undertaking professional development.
- Investing in our award-winning health and safety standards
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 Licence
- Must hold a valid DCPC Card
- Must hold a Digi Card
- Must not have more than 6 points on your licence
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 experience is essential
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times to meet business needs
- Motivated and committed with high personal and professional standards
- Possess excellent communication skills, understand and follow both verbal and written information.
- Able to work within set timescales to meet customers service requirements.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.