Wakefield Wakefield Tuscany Way, Wakefield Europort, Normanton WF6 2UA 53.717203 -1.415195
UK Wakefield PFS - 10111
45hrs per week working on a 5 over 7 shift pattern.
We are recruiting for a HGV Technician to join our Pullman Business who provide Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management across the UK. The successful candidate will ensure the most efficient and highest possible standard of mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of customer vehicles and related ancillary equipment. You will have responsibility for the safety of the working environment and all colleagues/persons within it and work as part of a team to ensure the workshop operation achieves its objectives and targets.
Who are we?
Pullman Fleet Services, part of the Wincanton Group, is the largest independent provider of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management in the UK with an enviable track record stretching back over 30 years. We have a national network of over 30 HGV/LCV service centres, over 150 mobile service vans and in excess of 600 trained technicians.
How will you contribute?
- Undertake comprehensive and preventative maintenance and repair standards
- Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with terms
- Working within the company safe systems of work and ensuring that quality and performance are maintained at all times
- Dealing professionally and proficiently with all enquiries and completing job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate
What will you bring?
- Applicants should be suitably qualified and have experience in heavy commercial vehicle maintenance, repair and diagnostic
- Have practical understanding of using information technology and systems to deliver objectives
- Be safety aware and committed to a right first-time ethos
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding customer environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the customer
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, remaining focused and consistent and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and has a good understanding and experience of a busy workshop operating environment
- The successful candidate could also be asked to work from both Stockton or Middlesbrough sites, again based on volume. This could be nights or days
- Class 1 licence preferred.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with many other benefits.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Wakefield PFS - 10111