Warehouse Operations Manager
Greenford Greenford Rockware Avenue UB6 0AU 51.4188760845 -0.2995850451
UK Greenford Waitrose - 11828
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Warehouse Operations Manager as we setup a new online Grocery Customer Fulfilment Centre in Greenford, West London (UB6 0AU). This is a start-up operation which Wincanton will design, construct and operate on behalf of Waitrose to enable them to meet significant new demand for Grocery Online Shopping.
This new partnership with Waitrose is a key strategic priority for Wincanton and allows us to bring together our substantial capabilities in Food Logistics, Home Delivery, Customer Experience and Online Fulfilment. It's an industry first as Wincanton will be the only third-party logistics provider in the UK to operate an online Grocery Customer Fulfilment Centre. The operation is due to go live in early 2021 and we are now starting to recruit the site-based Leadership Team who are likely to have extensive experience in large-scale Food Retail, Food Logistics, Home Delivery operations and/or in running online Customer Fulfilment Centres.
This is a 24/7 operation and therefore flexibility on shift patterns is required.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Manage all aspects of the warehouse operation to include goods in, replenishment, order picking and order dispatch in line with agreed SLA's
- Effective management and motivation of the warehouse team in order to ensure that the service provided meets the high levels of performance required by Waitrose customers
- Ensure a ‘Positive Customer Experience’ is embraced by the entire team and is delivered for each and every Waitrose customer (including ensuring stock availability and picking appropriate substitutions)
- Ensure all health and safety, food safety and operating procedures are adhered to and that colleagues are fully trained and competent
- Effectively manage resources to maximise productivity and improve cost performance (including recruitment, core and agency resource, equipment use and pick times)
- Effectively communicate operational plans and priorities to colleagues
- Work in partnership with the Transport and Stock Control teams to maximise productivity, accuracy, efficiency and the customer experience
- Ensure safety standards are of high priority at all times
- Create and maintain a high performance culture focused on working together, openness and continuous improvement
- Work closely with the People Team and ensure that all policies and processes are followed
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, the Warehouse team and other functions to ensure excellent customer service is achieved
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the Warehouse team
- Play an active role across the site in both colleague and community engagement plans and champion Wincanton as an employer
What will you bring?
- Extensive experience running large-scale 7-day Warehouse team
- Background in food logistics (3PL/in-house), online grocery fulfilment, foodservice or home delivery
- Strong track record of delivering operational KPI’s
- Strong knowledge of H&S and food safety
- Knowledge of, or direct experience of online grocery fulfilment and the customer journey
- Good working knowledge of Warehouse and Transport Management Systems
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how operational KPI’s impact financial performance
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships by demonstrating knowledge, integrity, reliability and professionalism
- Strong hands on people management experience and in leading in a large Warehouse environment
- Expertise in recruitment, training/coaching and supporting career development
- Strong and succinct communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels (internally and externally)
- Passionate, engaging, self-starting, a team player, resilient and flexible (24/7 operation, rotating shifts)
- Role model of our leadership behaviours/values and an ambassador for the site and Wincanton
- Experience of setting up new operations/delivering large scale operational change projects is preferred
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, annual leaves with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Greenford Waitrose - 11828