Planning & Capacity Team Leader
Middlewich Middlewich Wincanton General Haulage, Erf Way, Mid Point 18 CW10 0QJ 53.1866990203 -2.4266910552
UK Middlewich GH
£25 k + company benefits
An experienced Planning Team Leader is required in order to grow Wincanton’s business. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a key customer, and support in establishing a talented planning team, involving all aspects of inbound, outbound, and capacity in the Warehouse.
Reporting to the Stock & Systems Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an optimal plan considering cost and customer service across both organisations and all departments.
The successful candidate will have experience in an FMCG environment, an ability to maximise planning to increase the performance, efficiency and optimisation of the warehouse to ensure that a comprehensive and proactive service is provided to both internal and external customers.
This role requires a natural leader, someone who has an ability to engage with all stakeholders and manage the flow of volume and resource through the sites. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the leadership team to develop a successful ONE Team engaging culture.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Delivering an overall operational plan for labour and volume
- Balancing the requirements of each department to ensure service delivery at lowest cost
- Key decision maker in deciding volume split and stock holding between both organisational plants
- Working with optimisation coordinator to identify and implement better processes and plans
- Coordinating with the execution team on the demand greater than capacity
- Succeeds in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management team’s thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrable exemplary customer relationship management skills with the flexibility in style, approach to manage clients with varying requirements at the same time.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at all levels. Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- Experience of change management processes including successful delivery of change. Understands how people react to change and how to lead and manage through this.
- Able to manage Equality and Diversity issues and creates a culture of respect and “Dignity at Work” for all.
- Understands team dynamics and composition and applies knowledge to develop high performing teams.
- Understand key drivers to achieve high levels of employee engagement and uses these to deliver high performance.
- Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships across all levels
What will you bring?
- Experience in SAP, WMS, Microsoft and have exceptional IT & analytical skills to drive performance
- A track record in delivering innovative performance improvements and operational excellence
- Strong experience of manufacturing logistics / supply chain with varying levels of complexity
- An ability to react to customer demands by providing project solutions in a fast-paced environment with minimal operational impact
- Excellent commercial acumen - understands dynamics of cost and service that is focused on internal and external customers
- always Execute a ‘positive customer experience’.
- An ability to identify route cause via analysis to understand issues and create preventative measures and improve performance
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme,25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result, you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
UK Middlewich GH
£25 k + company benefits