Class 1 HIAB/Crane Relief Driver
Ashbourne Ashbourne Wincanton c/o Smith-Hall Lane, Hulland Ward DE6 3ET 53.0061628 -1.6085673
£39,081.42 per annum
PERMANENT ROLE - Monday to Friday – Class 1 HIAB/Crane Relief Driver – up to £39,081.42pa
We are looking for committed and reliable Class 1 HIAB/Crane Relief Driver’s, to join our Aggregate Industries contract based out of Ashbourne.
This is a permanent role paying £11.91ph with the following:
- £14.18ph – For hours worked on Bank Holidays
- £24.70 – Per night out
- £50 – Per week for HIAB Licence holders
- Start times between 05.00 – 06.00
- Shift pattern - Monday to Friday
- 23 days holiday
- Minimum of 2 nights out per week, however 4 nights out a week would be IDEAL
Basic Salary - £30,496.40– Based on 45 hours a week only and no uplifts
Potential Salary - £36,759.62pa - Based on 52 hours, Weekly HIAB allowance and 2 nights out per week
Potential Salary - £39,081.42pa - Based on 52 hours, Weekly HIAB allowance and 4 nights out per week
You will be required to deliver Block paving and general concrete products to construction sites within the UK, working on multiple construction contracts.
Predominantly you will be driving draw-bars with a crane, but you will be required to operate a range of vehicle types and specifications across our fleet including Artic and Drawbar Combinations fitted with HIAB Remote control cranes or Manitou All Terrain Fork Lifts, so you must have HIAB experience.
What we expect from our drivers
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1/HGV1 licence
- Must hold a valid driver CPC and Digi tacho card.
- No more than 6 points on licence.
- Must have a valid HIAB/Crane licence & recent experience.
- Must be flexible to drive both Drawbar's and Artic's
- Must have Drawbar experience
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
- ALLMI accredited preferred, but not essential
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£39,081.42 per annum