Rochester Rochester Unit 5, Kingsnorth Industrial Estate, Hoo ME3 9ND 51.428851 0.599825
We have a number of exciting opportunities for individuals to work in our friendly warehouse in Hoo, Medway, which is operated on behalf of our customer Ikea.
The role of a Warehouse Colleague is to carry out Warehouse tasks as directed. This will include picking / Container decanting / Counter Balance / Reach Truck and any other Warehouse duties deemed appropriate.
Following a successful probationary period we will increase the salary to £20,883 and you will receive a £250 bonus.
If you enjoy a varied workload and are keen to develop your career in a growing and fast paced organisation, this could be the next career move for you!
Do you care about your environment? We have several initiatives to support our local environment and charities with fun fundraising events throughout the year.
If you are looking for a shift pattern to fit with your work life balance then we currently offer have vacancies for the following shifts working any 5 out of 7 days - 0600hrs to 1400hrs, 1400hrs to 2200hrs and 2200hrs to 0600hrs.
In return you will receive great benefits making these just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work:-
- 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- A safe working environment
- Focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary
- Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions
Various optional schemes and discounts you may wish to join.
- Working in a team environment in a safe manner adhering to site Health & Safety regulations and Safe Systems of Work
- Ensuring Quality is of the highest standards and all stock is handled with care so it arrives at our customers in perfect condition
- Picking stock accurately and efficiently
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Checking of picked stock and assembled loads prior to dispatch
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to count accurately to enable the correct picking of stock
- Have appropriate hand, eye and foot coordination to effectively use mechanical handling equipment safely
- You will be reliable, self-motivated, a strong team player and will have a flexible approach to work
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment