Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
Wincanton is looking for a Finance Manager/Contract Accountant to join their team based in Chippenham, Wiltshire. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the individual will be expected to take responsibility for the Financial Management and Control for various contracts within the Construction business unit.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Responsible for the day to day running of several customer contracts.
- Manage all financial activities in relation to those contracts in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational and financial performance objectives.
- Business partnering to the key operational stakeholders.
- To ensure a strong financial control environment, with strong reporting and balance sheet controls developed and adhered to.
- Ensure financial audits are conducted in line with Wincanton policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve area targets.
- To ensure all financial activities are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
- Management of site debtor balances ensuring any overdue debt is resolved in a timely manner.
- Preparing the budgets and forecasts, ensuring all have been accurately compiled with regards to underlying operational assumptions.
- Support the operational management teams, providing insight into the numbers v target, identifying areas for potential improvement.
- To carry out period and year end activities in line with Company requirements
- Build a rapport, develop a trust with customers, finance and operational colleagues.
- Managing, supporting and developing the finance team.
What will you bring?
- Possess or working towards a recognised professional accounting ACCA / ACMA / ACA.
- Sound budgeting and ledger knowledge.
- Excellent Excel knowledge.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent organisational and influencing skills.
- Understanding the dynamics of open/closed book contracts.
- Possess a positive attitude with a keen and enthusiastic approach that inspires the team.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189