Grays Grays West Thurrock, Hedley Avenue RM20 4AL 51.4708234 0.2925849
UK West Thurrock
West Thurrock, Grays, Essex
An opportunity has arisen to join one of our exciting FMCG contracts as a Finance Manager for 2 sites.This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast paced, growing business and really make a difference.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Publication of Weekly Management Information for the site to incorporate P&L Accounts down to contract level as well as stats and productivity measures to assess the efficiency of the site and each contract against budgetary targets.
- Production of Period Reports for the Customer for period review purposes, again containing detailed finance and statistical reports and trend analysis to the specification requested by each customer.
- Production of Period Reports for use in internal contract reviews with the General Manager.
- To produce detailed quarterly forecasts and the annual site operating budget.
- To prepare customer budgets and forecasts.
- To manage the processes of reporting into Wincanton Central Finance and to control reporting into the ‘Cube’ to ensure accuracy, with investigation of any variances.
- Managing the processes around Wincanton and Customer Period End’s in order that all deadlines are achieved.
- Build commercial awareness of the contracts to be able to develop financial analysis that supports customer strategy and growth plans.
- Tracking and Co-ordinating any site Continuous Improvement and Cost Saving Initiatives
- Being a key part of the site management team in delivering site initiatives and budgetary targets.
- Attendance and participation in regular site meetings such as Management Meetings and Health & Safety Meetings
- Supporting the General Manager as necessary and working with fellow peers within the site management team
- To review all Balance Sheet Accounts on a period basis to ensure all balances are reconciled and that no provision for liability exists.
- To set up, review and maintain the necessary financial controls in line with Wincanton guidelines
What will you bring?
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant either CIMA or ACCA accreditation or equivalent
- Experience of liaising directly with Customers and possesses good customer relationship management skills
- Have previous experience of managing a team and to demonstrate skills in developing and motivating a team
- Demonstrate and possess an excellent and diverse range of PC skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of the management team
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK West Thurrock