IKEA Customer Service Home Delivery Class 2 Drivers
Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
£37,440 per annum
Wincanton are looking for Class 2 Lorry Drivers to join our award-winning IKEA team in Harlow, Essex.
- Class 2 = £37,440 per annum, £15 per hour
- 5 days on, 3 days off - over an 8 week rota
- Start times between 05:00 - 06:00
- Regular weekend working
You will be delivering furniture for IKEA as part of a team of two throughout your region, city and town driving is advantageous. Customer service will be at the heart of the role creating a better everyday!
- Permanent 48 hour a week contract
- 28 days annual leave includes bank holidays
- Essential DCPC Training
- New drivers welcome
- Access to the Professional Driver Programme – Class 2 Licence Acquisition
- Company pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Full Uniform
- RAC discount
- High street, Online Stores and Restaurant Discounts
In this role you will:
- Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience to our customers in their homes
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as we value the communities we service
- Be physically able to carry furniture in our customers’ homes, taking care to protect their property and personal effects.
- Keep the lorry you use clean, tidy and well cared for so it is ready to be used the next day
- DBS will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Experience & Qualifications
- You MUST hold a valid in date LGV HGV Class 2 licence
- You MUST hold a Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Full Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC)
- You MUST have no more than 6 points on your licence
- Previous customer service and commercial driving experience is desirable
- Multi drop experience is desirable
- Confident, engaging, polite and friendly
- Understanding, calm, professional and a team player
- Be smartly presented at all times and have excellent customer service skills and be detail focused
- Be able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with targets agreed with customer
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£37,440 per annum