Rochdale Rochdale James Kearns Avenue, Kings Way Business Park OL16 4NZ 53.598773 -2.133051
UK Rochdale Asda - 12320
ASDA Rochdale CDC
Shift 10.00 – 18.00
We currently have permanent full-time vacancies for Warehouse Colleagues on the 10:00 - 18:00 shift in Rochdale - working 40 hours per week on a 5 from 7 shift pattern.
Salary is £9.23 basic with a £1.07 premium after 18:00.
We are looking for experienced Chill/Ambient Pickers who are required to pick HEAVY products up to 15kg.
Benefits include a 10% discount at Asda, discounts at local shops and restaurants, a free onsite gym, dental, optical and medical schemes, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised Kingsway link bus service, free parking – and many more.
This is also a fantastic place to progress with fifteen of our current managers having started here as order pickers within the past three years.
You will be responsible for correctly and effectively carrying out all the required functions, once trained to do so, in any area of the warehouse, such as order picking, loading, FLT, cross-dock, loading / unloading trailers – plus many more. All work must be carried out in a timely fashion to a high standard of accuracy. You will be working on an 8 week repeating rota pattern which will include weekend work.
- Must be able to lift items which can weigh up to 15kg
- Must be educated to secondary school level with basic numeracy and literacy skills
- An NVQ in Warehousing or relevant subject would be beneficial
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must have a proven experience of communicating effectively whilst building effective relationships
- Must be able to demonstrate their ability to work towards targets whilst adhering to health and Safety regulations
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with and ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work under their own initiative
- Must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a positive response to adapting to the needs of the business
- Must accept accountability and be comfortable working in a pressurised, ever changing, and customer driven environment.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.49 to £9.56 /hour
By applying you agree to Wincanton’s term of use, click here to review
UK Rochdale Asda - 12320