Ipswich Ipswich IP1 5BL 52.0567359999 1.14822
up to £32k + benefits
up to £32k p.a 12 months FTC
Owing to maternity leave, a 12-month fixed term vacancy has arisen for a Finance Manager based at La Doria’s new automated warehouse in Sproughton, Ipswich.
Wincanton were appointed as La Doria’s warehouse partner in 2016 and have managed the operation at Felixstowe prior to the current transition to the new facility in Sproughton.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Production of the Weekly Accounts, Payroll Reconciliation, Weekly Flash & KPI Report and Monthly Stats Pack file to incorporate all aspects of reporting for Wincanton & the Customer
- Collation and analysis of the site’s weekly labour utilisation alongside a payroll reconciliation to understand and justify all labour spends and utilisation of hours across the operation
- Weekly and Monthly Reviews with the Customer
- Seeking out initiatives that ensure the site is able to support the Customers business plan and is managed to its budgetary goals
- Ensuring the site is compliant with audit and regulation requirements
- Review and control of the site purchase ledger spend confirming that spend is authorised and within budgetary constraints
- Reconciliations as part of the weekly P&L processes concerning volumes, hours, contract costs and H O ledger postings
- Analysis of operational and financial data in order to explain trends and justify expenditure levels.
- Preparing the quarterly forecasts and the annual budget
- Completion of all month end processes to achieve required deadlines for both Wincanton and Customer Period Ends
- Developing further as required, the site reporting model for P&L’s, Stats and KPI’s
- Completion of a Full Monthly Payroll Reconciliation and control of monthly salaries in terms of establishment numbers and cost
- Completing a Cost Benefit Analysis for all investment decisions
- Managing contract reporting
- Manage Time & Attendance output and Payroll on site by supporting the Finance & Admin Clerk through exception & deal with all queries in relation to any OT/Amendments/Costs.
- Playing a key part in site and or contract deliverables through the processes of cost management/reporting and activity tracking
- Investigation of and recommendations for performance improvements in respect of contract KPI’s
- Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations on a periodic basis, and investigation and justification of all balances
- Review and reconciliation of all ledger accounts as part of the weekly P&L process
- Completion of the site Plant Census
- Management of site debtor balances with investigation and resolution for any overdue debt
- Managing and supporting the Finance & Admin Clerk
- Utilising analytical skills in interpreting financial data to produce management information
What will you bring?
- Ideally you will be a part-qualified accountant (i.e. AAT, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Excellent Excel knowledge to Intermediate Level
- Practial accounting/general ledger experience
- Similar experience, gained within a fast-moving, commercial environment
- A good level of verbal and numerical reasoning skills
- Analytical skills (for interrogating data and reporting)
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational and influencing skills
- Ideally, experience of managing staff
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking+ much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
up to £32k + benefits