Senior Fleet & Procurement Analyst
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
Fleet & Procurement Analyst
Location: flexible. Remote working could be supported for the right individual with some travel for meetings as required
We are recruiting for a Fleet & Procurement Analyst to join our Central Procurement team. You will be providing intelligent and innovative analysis in support of fleet and procurement for decision making across Wincanton. The role will have direct reports and will report into the Fleet & Procurement Director with the objective of using data to help leverage maximum benefit through a number of strategic projects.
Who are we?
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
How will you contribute?
- Provision of all commercial vehicle analysis in support of: Acquisition, Maintenance and replacement strategy
- Provide support in developing and analysing relevant data to optimise the financial benefits for the business as a whole.
- Utilise all fleet related records and Telematics data, driving benefit through analysis of data to maximise all opportunities and efficiencies related to fleet use.
- Provides supporting analysis to help determine optimal fleet levels across the Group based upon Business Unit forecasts and utilisation requirements
- Manage and coach the Procurement Analyst
- Ensure timely and accurate help and guidance is provided on analytical information required, other processes and procedures, commodity information and tender support.
- Ensure KPI compliance with prefered Telematics supplier to ensure accurate reporting
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as required
- Build a network of external contacts to develop, support and enhance best practice and external benchmarking in support of Wincanton’s leading industry status.
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable experience of detail analysis and reporting through use of Microsft Excel
- Experience of using different analytical tools
- Significant experience in the creation of insightful analysis to support decision making / strategic planning
- An understanding of procurement processes or analysing procurement data (suppliers, spend, opportunities, non financial supply data, markets, commodities) would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to ‘tell the story’ through analysis rather than simply producing data
- Strong numerical reasoning and analytical capability
- Be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel and able to manipulate vast amounts of data
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Hold the ability to build, influence and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Be energised and able to create team spirit
- Degree level education desirable (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the supplier marketplace for fleet leasing, purchasing and fleet service programs such a servicing, accident management, fuel usage and other administrative programs desirable but not essential
What do we offer?
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and uploading your CV. We are a fast-moving organisation so we may not always wait until the closing date to review applications. As a result you should submit your CV as soon as possible!
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189