Warehouse Team Leader
Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.555784 -2.679017
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819
Warehouse Team Leaders x 4
We currently have a requirement for a number of Warehouse Team Leaders to lead and grow Wincanton’s business through leading employees to work effectively, work collaboratively and engage together. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a management team that promotes culture, performance and engagement with its talented customer
- Provide support to the Warehouse Management Team to ensure a consistent, smooth and efficient warehouse operation.
- Develop a motivated team through encouragement of open and proactive communication.
- Management of a team including absence and performance monitoring.
- Ensure company procedures are adhered to and changes are effectively communicated and implemented.
- To be responsible for all health and safety aspects and ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
- Encourage positive and constructive relationships with onsite union representatives.
- Assist Warehouse Shift Managers in achieving agreed budgetary and service levels.
- Ensure maximum use of resources in a cost-effective manner.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes and methods of onsite practices.
- To undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the warehouse function
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing logistics / supply chain
- Proven experience of line management and effective people skills
- Agile approach to strategy and planning with a proven experience of adapting operational plans to changing customer requirements
- Has worked within Continuous Improvement programmes and can demonstrate an appreciation of key methodologies and approaches
- Understands how to use IT / technology to drive performance
- High level of self-awareness and takes accountability for own development.
- Seeks and provides feedback on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a team
Please note dependent on the volume of applications we receive we may close this advert prior to the stated closing date.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819