Loughborough Loughborough c/o Brett Landscaping, Sileby Road LE12 8LX 53.463019 -2.866021
UK Loughborough Bretts - 10986
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our Construction contract, Brett Landscaping, based in Loughborough.
Reporting to the Transport Supervisor/Transport Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creation, execution and monitoring of the daily traffic schedule maximising Wincanton’s service offering, revenue and profitability whilst ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to.
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding vehicle utilisation for core vehicles.
- Managing sub-contract hauliers at targeted margins to meet the customer’s and Wincanton’s requirements.
- Liaising with key customer stakeholders to ensure that operational requirements, KPI’s and customer service are delivered on a consistent basis.
- Point of contact for operational issues for the customer and driving team.
- Health and Safety reporting in line with company and customer standards.
- Legal Compliance administration and management of WTD and EU Tachograph regulations and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and compliant manner in line with company and legislative requirements.
- Working pattern will be Monday to Friday 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm
- Have good commercial awareness and understanding of financial information.
- Planning experience of own and sub-contract fleet, in a closed & open book environment.
- Customer focused and able to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- Self-starter, energetic, hands-on approach.
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Loughborough Bretts - 10986