Middlewich Middlewich CW10 53.1824378 -2.4356255999
UK Middlewich GH
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit an experienced HR Officer based in our site in Middlewich.
The successful candidate will provide a professional service covering all aspects of personnel, employee relations and industrial relations supporting a culture of continuous improvement to ensure that all contract objectives are achieved and maintained through the performance of people.
- Reporting to the Regional HR Manager, with a dotted line to the on-site Distribution Centre Manager.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed in line with local agreements.
- Have a good understanding of employment legislation and ensures practices are carried out in line with changes in legislation.
- Assists departmental managers on the interpretation of company policies and procedures.
- Support in delivering the HR and People plan for the year.
- Active involvement in all colleague engagement initiatives.
- Provide a professional service to all employees.
- Ensure accurate operation of Oracle HR and Kronos and other applicable systems.
- Experience of supporting colleagues back to the work place from sickness.
- Management of sickness reporting any anomalies to the Site Senior Team.
- Prepare statistical breakdowns including analysis of sickness/absence and holidays.
- Assists in disciplinary / grievance hearings, advising on legislative and company policy and procedures.
- Contribute towards the improvement of processes and methods of operating practices within the depot.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and development of the management team.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Ideally holding a recognised HR qualification
- Competent knowledge of employment law
- Previous experience in a warehouse / distribution environment would be desirable
- Previous experience of absence management
- Previous experience of Oracle HR an advantage
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential and professional approach
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Middlewich GH