Ipswich Ipswich IP1 5BL 52.0567359999 1.14822
The Systems Controller will be part of the Operations team and will have responsibility to ensure that all systems and automated materials handling equipment are always available, and any faults or issues are resolved in a timely manner to reduce impacts to customer services. Main responsibilities are as follow:
- First line support for any of our warehouse management systems (SAP)
- Monitor the availability of all systems and associated links
- Liaise with support desks in a clear and concise manner to repair faults
- Effectively carry-out system checks and back-ups on a regular basis
- To be confident and professional when communicating information to team members, team leaders and/or visitors
- Initiate system changes with little to no effect on the operation
- Be able to effectively utilise work time to plan own workload to support operational KPI’s
- always Maintain own and others Health and Safety, ensuring that always all site Health and Safety rules are adhered to.
- Review working processes to reduce waste, increase productivity and standardisation
- always Demonstrate your commitment to the Wincanton values
- always Execute a ‘positive customer experience’ .
- Maintain site hygiene and housekeeping to a high standard.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and the depot.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships with all levels of personnel across all teams including customer relationships
- Previous experience of working with Microsoft Excel and Access is advantageous
- Must be able to analyse problems and suggest relevant solutions
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- SAP experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Excellent attention to detail skills are essential
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to raise service levels and ensure clarity of goals
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.