Health & Safety Coordinator
Ipswich Ipswich IP1 5BL 52.0567359999 1.14822
Further to the recent internal announcement, we are excited to share with you the opportunity to apply for new roles that will be recruited to work in the new location.
The HSEQ Coordinator will be part of the Operations team and the responsibility will be, to manage and facilitate all site health and safety activities in a manner that ensures all statutory and company requirements are achieved and maintained in support of the business objectives. This is a hands-on role. This role reports to the location GM with a reporting line to the Business Unit Safety manager.
- Working with the local management team to develop, implement and manage the local HSEQ Plans
- Implementation and maintenance of Corporate HSEQ policies, procedures and standards
- Working with local management teams to promote HSEQ and drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture
- Work with local management teams on all aspects of HSEQ, including coaching for managers to develop skills within the site teams, risk assessments, accident investigations and inspections
- Monitor and drive implementation of corrective actions arising from HSEQ activities including risk assessments, accident investigations and near miss reports. Review corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Attend site HSEQ Committee ensuring that the agenda and outputs meet corporate requirements.
- Provide expert professional support to local line management at all levels.
- Working with the Business Unit Manager ensuring that Good Practice in health & safety is shared, adopted and regularly reviewed.
- Carry out statistical analysis to identify issues of concern; assist in the creation, modification and delivery of relevant action plans for all HSEQ and Food Safety processes.
- Working with the Business Unit HSEQ Manager to develop systems that will ensure that the location safety management system is fit for purpose.
- Compile routine management reports.
- Using corporate HSEQ IT systems e.g. Safeguard, One View, Webrisk etc., to support the delivery of the above accountabilities
- To keep abreast of corporate, regulatory and legislative changes and advise management of the implications for the business. To undertake a recognised CPD programme.
- Management and control of all statutory documents; Fire, Legionella, PAT etc
- Responsible for delivering (where appropriate) the HSEQ element of the site induction
- Responsible for supervision of all contractors working on site; overseeing all work from start to completion in order to maintain company standards of practise in health and safety, and ensure the quality of the work provided.
- Conducting site inductions of contractors and issuing out and controlling the company permit to work procedures.
- To attend training courses when required.
- Assist others not based on site to carry out site audits, site inspection from landlord, site visits or provide technical information.
- Assist the contract Manager at other locations within the Business Unit in agreement with local management.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and the depot.
- Relevant experience gained in a logistics environment
- NEBOSH Certificate qualified or equivalent (candidates who are studying to this level will be considered). Candidates who do not currently meet this requirement must attain this within 12 months of appointment.
- Can evidence step change in behavioural safety
- Experience of managing H&S at a local level
- Will have the influencing skills to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Will have effective presentation and training skills
- Will have competent administration and IT skills
Hours of work – 40 per week, Monday to Friday, hours to suit the business needs
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.