Health & Safety Coordinator
Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
As a key part of our Medway warehouse team, we are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Coordinator to support the Health & Safety Manager in our warehouse operations ensuring a safe working environment is maintained across the site to ensure we are operating within health and legal requirements. May require occasional travel to other sites.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Record and monitor accidents, incidents, near misses, hazards and property damage in conjunction with the health and safety manager
- Create risk assessments and safe systems of work with guidance from the health and safety manager
- Ensure all documentation is compliant with the most up to date SHE format
- To fully support our RIVO audit process
- To support and assist the site management team in conducting full and thorough investigations for all accidents and incidents and ensuring follow up of any corrective action is undertaken
- Support and assist the site managers with facilities for their sites
- Provide and input statistical information for various reports, collecting and compiling the KPI data for monthly reporting
- Perform site audits such as safety tours
- Take and produce minutes for monthly health and safety meetings
- Produce supporting materials for presentations, site Inductions and workshops
- Other adhoc administration duties
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Knowledge of BS OHSAS 18001 would be an advantage
- Attention to detail is key for this role as is the accuracy of information supplied
- Experience of health and safety within a transport/busy operational environment is desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels professionally and discreetly
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Enthusiasm, organisational, analytical with problem solving skills with a positive and flexible attitude to work being reliable and punctual
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment and to tight deadline and on your own initiative
- Excellent computer skills are critical to this role specifically MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.