Technical Services Team Leader
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
The Technical Services Team leader is responsible for the planning, acquisition, deployment and operation of the underpinning technical infrastructure that includes (but is not limited to) CITRIX, Unix and Microsoft server technologies, Storage Area Networks, Enterprise Backup Systems and Oracle & MS SQL databases.
- Cross functional liaison to ensure that new projects and services are delivered to agreed times, quality and budget.
- Develop and maintain operational supplier relationships
- Evaluate new technologies and services and establish a “strategic” roadmap that identifies the product lifecycle and refresh opportunities
- Evaluate new technologies for suitability to Wincanton’s business need. Produce appropriate proposal documents and Initiate the procurement of hardware, software and services for any implementation.
- Manage allocation and prioritisation of tasks for staff. Prepare training plans for team and support staff in their day to day activities. Complete bi-annual and annual performance and development reviews. Ensure the appropriate resources are available to provide a certainty of delivery for the business
- Effectively supervises technical personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Provides leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in programs, policies, and procedures.
- Trains, directs, and coordinates personnel. Provides assistance and support as needed.
- Conducts performance appraisals as assigned. Provides measurable feedback to staff and suggestions for improved performance. Formulates and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
- Assist in the definition of the delivery and operational support of the Technical Infrastructure and ongoing delivery of Technical services to the business
- Build strong relationships with the business and key IT demand planning interfaces in order to closely align short and long term plans with business requirements and internal customer demands and priorities
- Create and implement appropriate backup strategies.
- Create and implement IT Service Continuity recovery procedures. Establish test schedules and undertake recovery tests on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper control of maintenance releases for Operating Systems and ensure that UAT & test procedures have been followed before promoting to the production environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Platform Operating Systems are secure and supportable
- Responsible for the implementation of Logical Access Management and Controls for all Servers & Databases on a basis of “least privileged approach”
- Works with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Assists with the design and implementation of strategic & tactical plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for Technical Services spending and initiatives
- Any other reasonable duties that may be requested by management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the computer industry
- Minimum of 5 years line management experience in a technical function
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with UNIX & MS Windows Administration
- Experience of Oracle & MS SQL Server
- Experience and understanding of Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience of CITRIX, VMWare, Solaris, UNIX, AIX, MS Windows Operating Systems
- Experience of IBM Series P, I, X, RS6000
- Experience of Storage Area Network Technologies
- Practical working knowledge of ITIL, COBIT & TOGAF frameworks
- Strong Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills and business writing ability
- Strong time management & problem solving skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Business Acumen
- Solution focused with a Keen attention to detail with ability to make sound and logical judgments.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189