Brockworth Brockworth Golf Club Lane, Gloucester Business Park GL3 4AJ 51.844588 -2.260557
UK Gloucester GSK - 10748
Division: Wincanton Consumer & Retail
Location: Brockworth, Gloucestershire
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced
Education: GCSE or equivalent
A vacancy has arisen within our LRS Brockworth based in Gloucestershire, working with Automated Machinery in a 45,000 pallet storage Highbay Warehouse, used to store and retrieve finished Goods products to meet Customer demands on time every time.
The Engineering Team’s role is to ensure there are no Customer failures due to equipment failure.
Your technical experience should be versatile to cover both Electrical and Mechanical skill base and familiarisation with Material Handling Equipment would be an advantage.
- Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager
- Ensure all planned preventative maintenance schedules are completed to high standards every time.
- Carry out repairs/ maintenance tasks, with a first-time fix approach.
- Ensure any spares are booked out to the correct asset.
- Ensure any Company Quality Health & Safety objectives and statutory obligations are adhered to at all time.
- Will involve working at height (full training will be given) heights up to 30 metres.
- Deal with all breakdowns effectively ensuring the outage time is not affected from parts availability
- Communicate with Operations Team ensuring all planned preventative maintenance schedules are
maintained and equipment serviced appropriately.
- Responsible for the surpassing of all Key Performance Indicators and delivering a high level of customer service and ensuring targets are met.
- Responsible for the continual improvement of process/methods of the sites operating practices
- Identify and repair faults on a continual basis to ensure Customer Service levels are maintained
and premature MHE failures do not occur.
- Responsible for fault diagnosis and problem solving
- Liaising with external providers in regard to trouble shooting, mechanical faults and failures and equipment breakdowns
- Must be able to work in a dynamic business environment ensuring targets and deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and able to suggest ideas for improvements
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma and 5s would be advantageous
- Fully flexible approach to work and able to adapt self to meet the needs of the business
- Ideally will hold an apprenticeship qualification (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
- Qualified to HNC, ONC, or City and Guilds level and have some PLC knowledge.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and build effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work at height using relevant harness equipment
- PC Literate including Word and Excel intermediate level.
- Ability to demonstrate sufficient Technical Experience of High Bay Automated Warehousing or similar
- Understand how completion of own responsibilities impacts on the business as a whole
- Proactive approach to work and tasks
- Able to work without direct supervision and remain motivated to achieve set targets
- Must be an effective communicator and able to develop good working relationships with all levels of personnel across all teams.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to raise service levels and ensure clarity of goals
- Experience of shared user site is preferred but not essential
- Ideally, we are looking for someone who is a tenacious, diligent and has a natural drive for results and meeting
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th November 2019
UK Gloucester GSK - 10748