Yate Yate 47 Waverley Road, Beeches Inductrial Estate BS37 5QT 51.439891 -2.623423
UK Bristol B&Q - 12622
Wincanton is a leading provider of innovative supply chain solutions to a wide range of industry sectors; including defence, consumer goods, retail, construction and energy. This experience means we are trusted by our customers to deliver an excellent service and add value to their businesses.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an excellent opportunity for a Contract Operations Manager to join us at our prestigious B&Q Contract working for our Kitchen, Bedroom & Tiles division in Bristol. Wincanton manages the whole KBT delivery process including delivery directly to B&Q customers’ homes.
Reporting to the Regional Contract Operations Manager, you will provide effective management to all staff on site ensuring achievement of service level KPI’s and budgetary constraints.
In this role you will be responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience and have accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals. Your ability to strategic plan and forecast will be key to succeed in this role. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong management skills and a track record of supervising a Transport team.
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
- Embed a culture of customer technicians delivering a white glove delivery experience across the site
- Drive development and continuous improvement of all aspects of performance & customer service.
- Develop colleagues through delegation and coaching ensuring a flow of talent throughout the Operation. Identify high performers and create plans for succession.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of the weekly and monthly financial data, addressing issues immediately.
- Manage operation to meet required levels of productivity and ensure VOSA regulatory compliance.
- Monitor staffing levels ensuring sufficient manpower and support for the operations whilst minimising agency usage.
- Monitor colleague performance recognising and rewarding high performance.
- Work in conjunction with the HR team & Network Trainers to ensure all colleagues have the skills to undertake their role
- Able to provide a white glove delivery service to B&Q customers through “delivering excellence” and employee engagement.
- International CPC would be a distinct advantage
- Acts with integrity, driving innovation and improvement to service at all times
- Confidently makes high quality, tough decisions that demonstrate our brand values.
- Demonstrates confidence, remains optimistic and focused taking bold actions when there is uncertainty
- Empowers colleagues to deliver better product, service and environment
- Inspires and builds trust in relationships and teams that leads to commitment and support
- Seeks constant improvements by comprehensively analysing a broad range of business and market information to position competitiveness
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service to B&Q, having retail, distribution and transportation experience, then please apply for this vacancy.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Bristol B&Q - 12622