Burton on Trent Burton on Trent Burton Road, Branston DE14 3EG 52.787707 -1.658664
UK Branston - 12312
We currently have an exciting opportunity to recruit a HR Administrator, based at our B&Q site in Branston, Burton on Trent.
Reporting to the HR Officer, the overall purpose of the role is to provide the site with HR administration, support and guidance.
- This primary focus of the role will be to support with a HR project but you will also be required to support with the following;
- Supporting the HR Officer, HR Manager and Management team with ER Issues, in particular disciplinary and grievance issues.
- General HR administration including issuing offer letters and contracts, collating new starter information, and processing leavers.
- Supporting managers in the administration of disciplinary and grievance meetings, including note taking and issuing invite letters.
- Assist with absence recording and monitoring attendance, including long term sickness, welfare meetings and Occupational Health as required.
- Responsible for the maintenance of confidential HR records.
- Responsible for liaising with central HR and Payroll teams.
- Contributing towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices within the department.
- Responsible for updating notice boards at sites.
- Producing regular management reports i.e. labour turner and sickness absence.
- Assisting the HR Officer with the provision of generalist HR advice to line managers.
- Assisting in employee engagement and communication activities along with adhoc project work.
- To provide a professional service to all employees, the public and external organisations ensuring that all queries are dealt with effectively.
- To assist the HR team with policy and procedure implementation in line with the site and company terms and conditions.
- Completion of documentation to a high standard for submission to our Shared Services department.
Skills & Experience
- Must be committed to providing a high quality, efficient and flexible service to support the operation.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills, with the ability to maintain high standards whilst working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are essential both verbal and written, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel and Power point packages.
- Ability to problem solve and use their own initiative.
- Must be able to demonstrate HR experience with experience of dealing with ER issues and recruitment activity.
- Able to apply high levels of common sense and logic to often delicate and complicated situations and therefore possess excellent listening skills.
- Sound understanding of current employment legislation.
- Previous HR administration experience and/or working towards a CIPD qualification.
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their HR career in a high profile and exciting environment.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Branston - 12312