Finance Clerk FTC
Corby Corby Long Croft Road, Corby NN18 8EY 52.480506 -0.689489
UK Corby Multi User - 12271
Finance Clerk FTC Until Dec 2020
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Finance Assistant at Corby Shared User. The site is a multi-contract site operating closed book contracts in warehousing. Key challenges of the role include maintaining financial controls across all activities and contracts and in providing high quality, efficient financial information to the site’s customers as well as for internal reporting.
- Production of the Weekly Accounts file into incorporate P&L Accounts down to contract level
- Collation and analysis of the site’s weekly labour utilisation with allocation of hours across each customer’s P&L Account
- Raising or reviewing all of the sites sales invoices whether raised on a weekly or monthly basis
- Preparation of all journal, accrual and prepayment postings into the ledgers
- Reconciliations as part of the weekly P&L processes concerning volumes, hours, contract costs and H O ledger postings
- Producing weekly trackers for customers in terms of volumes and operating costs
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of Customer review packs and annual budgets
- Completion of all month end processes to achieve required deadlines for both Wincanton and Customer Period Ends
- Working with the Finance Manager in developing further the site reporting model for P&L’s, Stats and KPI’s
- Reconciliation and control of monthly salaries in terms of establishment numbers and cost
- Assisting the Finance Manager in Cube Reporting
- Manage Time & Attendance output and Payroll on site through exception reporting & dealing with all queries in relation to any OT/Amendments/Costs.
- Signing off the Weekly and Monthly Payrolls in conjunction with the Distribution Centre Manager
- Performing the role of Site Kronos Super User
- Flexibility and a high level of both self and team motivation are a must in what is a demanding multi-client operation
- Demonstrate and possess an excellent and diverse range of PC skills
- Ideally a qualified or working towards AAT Level 2 as minimum.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods
- Ability to work under his/her own initiative as well as part of the team.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Corby Multi User - 12271