Contract Backhaul Manager
Worksop Worksop Roebuck Way S80 3EG 53.294697 -1.0649179
UK Worksop Wilko
£35000 - £40000 + Company Car
Contract Backhual Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Backhaul Manager to join our Wilko team. Reporting to the National Planning Manager this person will cover National sites and therefore travel throughout the UK would be required, our client has two Depots within the UK.
Duties and responsibilities:
- As a Backhaul Network Manager,this newly created role will be responsible for managing the strategy and operationms for the Backhaul Network, through engagement and negotiation with both internal and external partners.
- Responsible for operation, to manage and develop the networks via Backhaul, realising benefits within the supply chain utilising the current fleet network.
- You will work closely with other departments including support functions, trading, management teams and third parties to ensure the high standards of the central planning team are consistently met and improved.
- You will support the roll out of new strategic initiatives and development of this company so that it aids in it’s continued growth.
- This position contributes to our client’s success by supporting the development of the Primary Network and Backhaul business.
- This role will demand National coverage and therefore travel throughout the UK would be required, our client has two Depots within the UK.
- Working internally and externally to ensure continued business growth and KPI standards
- Managing and driving long term strategic goals that will produce cost savings and efficiencies across the operation
- Forging strong and sustainable relationships and maintain high levels of accuracy with suppliers and third-party partners in all areas of the business e.g. product data, transportation, inbound process.
- Monitoring and reporting activity progress and adjusting based on strategic goals including delivery of agreed budgeted saving
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area driving innovation through negotiation
- Creation and continued development of The Client primary network
- LGV fleet utilisation through Backhaul opportunities. Review current fleet underutilisation space and identify supplier collections
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Proven experience with a Backhual Network either from a retailer or suppliers’ perspective, have excellent relationship management skills and highly motivated
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial supply chain and a proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Previous management experience in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in and guide others in the team and wider business
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent planning & organisational skills, planning and achieving results through effective change management
- Confident decision maker who can work independently and on behalf of many others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent PC skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- A customer focused outlook and the ability to see how day to day issues can impact the customer experience. Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Regular travel is required so a driving license is beneficial
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Worksop Wilko
£35000 - £40000 + Company Car