National Business Development Manager
Birmingham Birmingham Faraday Avenue B46 1AL 52.5243194 -1.7010951
Competitive + industry leading sales bonus
To support our continuing growth we are recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our Pullman Fleet Services business.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for driving local and national workshop sales, landing revenue growth in a number of accounts through new business sales, proactive relationship development, opportunity identification, value creation, and the development of innovative commercial solutions. The focus of the BDM will be driving profitable fleet management and heavy plant business in the national network of workshops to increase performance.
This is a national role with the need to travel across the UK so base location is flexible.
- Driving profitable new business and share of wallet growth with existing customers
- Manage the opportunity sales campaign from lead to close
- Manage sales negotiations and bid closing activities
- Understand the business unit operational solution to maximise the use of resources and drive workshop utilisation
- Coordinate internal resources, manage solution/proposition development
- Build & maintain successful client relationships
- Maintain a keen curiosity and stream of research insights about the client’s business drivers and commercial priorities
- Meet or exceed personal sales quota; meet or exceed account growth objectives and targets
- Manage successful transition of the opportunities to the delivery team
Experience, Skills & Attributes
- Proven experience of driving sales and business development success in a B2B services/solutions environment; managing a sales pipeline, delivering against revenue quotas
- A recent and demonstrable record of sales quota achievement
- Experience of heavy commercial / plant/construction markets
- Clear understanding of the business unit and its operating model
- Business proposal creation and delivery; collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team
- CRM proficiency in either Salesforce, Oracle or Microsoft, having used CRM to manage a personal sales pipeline
- Ideally knowledge and experience of selling fleet management services
- Proven ability to work as part of a sales team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Commercial strategy & solution development
- Ability to be agile, and work analytically on commercial problem-solving tactics
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong supervisory, coaching and project management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Outstanding negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Excellent business and industry acumen
- Win strategy & value proposition development experience
- Impeccable work ethic worthy of imitation
- An infectious sales presence
- Displays Wincanton leadership behaviours:
- Champion of operational excellence
- Drives Change
- Curious & innovative
- Perceives and leads the bigger picture
- Proactive, energetic, inspirational leader.
- Strong Relationship Builder
Pullman Fleet Services (part of Wincanton Group), is the largest independent provider of commercial vehicle maintenance and fleet management in the UK. With a track record spreading back over 40 years, we are trusted by many of the UK’s largest commercial vehicle operators to keep their businesses on the move.
With a national network of 30+ workshops, a team of over 150 mobile technicians and a market leading roadside recovery service, we are ideally placed to keep our clients fleet on the road delivering their product / services to their customers.
We provide servicing and maintenance for any configuration for all makes and models and have a service and support infrastructure to keep specialist vehicle fleets moving.
Pullman Fleet Services have the expertise and resource throughout the UK to keep our client’s fleets moving 24/7/365. With best in class MOT and vehicle availability (‘VOR’ vehicle off road) rates, our repair and maintenance standards offer peace of mind, security and professional assurance.
With a nationwide team of mobile technicians, we can also service and maintain all makes of trailer, fridge units, tail lifts, mobile cranes, roller shutter doors and other auxiliary equipment to ensure our clients fleets keeps moving.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you
Competitive + industry leading sales bonus