Ops Admin Clerk
Leeds Leeds Bishopdyke Road, Sherburn In Elmet LS25 6JH 53.794551 -1.215744
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473
Operational Administration Clerk
OPERATIONAL ADMINISTRATION CLERK - GRADE AT4
BASED AT SHERBURN IN ELMET
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operational Administration Clerk to join our successful team on the Sainsbury’s contract at Sherburn in Elmet.
- Reporting to the Stock and Admin Team Manager
- Assist in the provision of an effective and efficient operation administration function
- Working within either goods in, goods out, VLS, transhipment or any other function within the department to ensure the operation achieves the targeted daily and weekly KPI’s
- Prepare and issue orders for picking, identify and discuss any operational problems
- Assist in receipt, preparation and despatch of all Transhipment stock within strict timelines ensuring full traceability
- Escalate issues that are likely to affect the performance of the department, the site or relationship with the customer to the warehouse management team
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- PC Literate, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel with experience of Red Prairie warehouse management systems an advantage
- The ability and desire to work consistently as part of a team working on a shift system
- Good numerical and analytical skills paying strong attention to detail.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Flexible and able to respond positively and reliably to internal and external customer requirements
- Hands on approach and to be able to accept change where necessary.
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of themselves and other colleagues by adhering to safe working practices
The above position will include shift and weekend work as the depot operates 24/7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries regarding the above positions please contact the HR Department on 01977 688400.
Closing Date: 23 October 3019
Internal applicants, please inform your manager if you are applying for this position.
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473