Stock & Systems Clerk
Rochester Rochester Unit 5, Kingsnorth Industrial Estate, Hoo ME3 9ND 51.428851 0.599825
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Stock & Systems Clerk at our warehouse in Medway. This will be working a permanent shift of 14:00hrs - 22:00hrs
This is a key position within our Stock & Systems team reporting to the Stock & Systems Manager.
• Assist with on site projects, daily system back up & system upgrades
• System task monitoring, task recovery and prioritisation
• Maintain on site Warehouse Management System
• Audit and control hardware
• To monitor and investigate discrepancies between physical and system stock levels.
• To control stock damages within the warehouse. To monitor damage frequency and where necessary introduce corrective action.
• To control the handling of new and de-listed products
• Control the transfer of stock between warehouse depots
• To update the systems with the relevant data, as a result of day to day stock investigations.
• Comply with quality, Health and Safety procedures and ensure a safe working Flexible environment for self and others
• Any 5 from 7 shifts with a requirement to work additional hours / shifts as necessary - Weekend and Bank Holiday working required
• Experience of warehouse management systems within a distribution operation.
• Preferably educated to GCSE level.
• Flexibility and a high level of self-motivation are a must in what is an extremely time critical operation.
• PC skills required for production of spreadsheets and databases.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.