Class 2 Delivery Driver
Leeds Leeds Unit 20, Bypass Industrial Estate, Sherburn In Elmet LS25 6EP 53.77125 -1.536498
UK Sherburn PFS - 11285
£26,494 per annum
Our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Category Class 2 Driver to join our successful team at Cormar Carpets
As a result of ambitious growth plans of Cormar Carpets, the contract is undergoing an exciting period of change and transformation. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who will play a key role in the strategic growth and development plans of the contract based at our site in Sherburn.
Working 50 hours per week from Monday to Friday with a 05:30 start time, you will be delivering approximately 5 to 21 drops per day to high street stores and trading estates
This position is days only with no nights out and bank holiday working will not be required.
Paid lunar (13 pay days per year).
Overtime paid after 50 hours and 6th shift. Overtime is paid at time & a half.
20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Drive Company vehicles and operate Company equipment in a safe and professional manner in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislation
- Provide a professional, safe driving and fuel efficient service to meet and exceed expectations of our customers ensuring customer service level agreements are maintained.
- Comply with the vehicle security and standing procedure at all times.
- Carry out vehicle and auxiliary equipment checks prior to the operation of any vehicle, reporting any defects immediately
- Report any delivery issues or exceptions in a timely manner
- On return to base, report to the traffic office for full debrief and report any exceptions in a timely manner
- Follow safe working practices
- This role ability to self-manage and use initiative for solving problems.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and others, adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act, including accident, incident and damage reporting.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Full Category C Driving Licence
- No more than 6 points on licence
- DCPC Qualification card required and proof of current hours of training
- Must hold a Digi Card
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles
- Knowledge of driving legislation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi drop experience is desirable
- Category C+E Licence is desirable
Due to the nature of the work this role is physically demanding and heavy manual handling is required. It is therefore imperative that the successful applicant be physically fit and prepared to undertake heavy manual handling on a regular basis.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to join a high profile and challenging contract.
If you are passionate about making a difference, please submit your CV online
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Sherburn PFS - 11285
£26,494 per annum