Shift Engineer FTC
Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.555784 -2.679017
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819
A vacancy for an FTC role has arisen for an Electrically biased Shift Engineer to support the HJ Heinz site in Wigan.
Shift Engineers will provide technical solutions for breakdowns/repairs on site. They will provide round the clock support for the operation and respond to issues in an efficient and proactive manner.
12 hour shifts - 4day 4 nights 4 off pattern with fixed holidays in an 18 day period and end on 7 week cycle
- Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the automation and machinery.
- Responsible for all three elements of maintenance – Proactive, Reactive and Planned maintenance schedules.
- Provide a quick response to issues that arise and provide effective solutions in a professional manner.
- Interact with other departments to ensure an effective service to the customer.
- Comply with all Quality and Health & Safety requirements onsite and ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Work within a small Engineering team on a continental shift rota, with a shift partner and represent the team in all aspects of daily operation.
- They will be responsible for supporting the progression and training of their shift technician
- Provide daily shift reports and maintain the Planned Preventable Maintenance System.
- Offer ideas to improve efficiency and service to the customer.
- Deputise for the Engineering Team Leader during holidays and absence if required.
- Minimum qualifications – ONC or equivalent in electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Able to work both alone and within a small team.
- Able to work at height.
- Experience in an automated process environment including PLC’s, conveyor, Auto wrappers, Automatic S/R machines, closed loop communication systems, car code scanners.
- Possess good communication skills
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Wigan Heinz - 10819