Sheffield Sheffield Europa Way, Catcliffe S9 1TQ 53.325362 -1.171132
UK Sheffield M&S - 12518
A vacancy has arisen for an Assistant Accountant based at the M&S site in Sheffield to support our successful Store Equipment and Home Delivery network. This is a varied and fast paced role that will lead to development and progression for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Day to day financial control for the open and closed book network
- Preparation of weekly and periodic financial and statistical reports
- Ensure Wincanton weekly and period reporting is on time and is accurate
- Management and development of 2 part qualified Accounts Assistants
- Work alongside non-financial managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of key cost drivers, budget and flex mechanisms
- Ensuring all sales and purchase ledger routines are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Undertake nominal ledger tasks including processing journals, nominal ledger cross charges and period end reconciliations.
- Producing robust Budgets & Forecasts
- Costing Gainshare projects & tracking actuals
- Involvement in Finance driven projects to improve controls and reporting
- Attendance and participation in periodic customer reviews
- Number 2 to Finance Manager supporting with Ad Hoc requests from the business
- Collation of weekly KPI’s for Warehouse and Transport Operations
- Ad-hoc reporting as required
- Self-motivated with a “get stuck in” attitude
- Customer focused with drive to achieve
- Ability to build relationships with other departments within the Home Delivery network
- Willingness to learn new skills at a fast pace
- Ability to prioritise workload, delegate where necessary and work to tight deadlines
- Able to work in a team environment as well as on own initiative
- Numerate and methodical with good problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Able to seek, evaluate and organise information in a pressure environment. Meeting tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Have an appreciation of the broad fundamentals of transport operations in both open and closed book environments
- Advanced Excel skills
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Package: Competitive + Study support if required
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
UK Sheffield M&S - 12518