IKEA Class 2 Shunter Driver
Wembley Wembley Abbeydale Road HA0 1TW 51.5395354 -0.2858646
£29,952 per annum
Class 2 Shunter Drivers - Home Delivery - £29,952 per annum
Permanent - 5 days out of 7 - Guaranteed 48 hrs per week
We are looking for class 2 drivers to join our award winning Home Delivery team based out of Wembley.
- £29,952 per annum
- Shift times starting from 0900 and 1500 on a rotational basis
- 28 days annual leave includes bank holidays
- Guaranteed 48 hour contract
- Regular weekend working will be required for this role
- Full uniform and work mobile phone
- New drivers welcome
You will be required to perform shunting duties between the distribution centre and the IKEA store.
Whether you are new to driving or have experience we would like to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Work efficiently to tight deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction targets and service targets are adhered to in line with our values and behaviours
- Keep in regular communication with both customers and colleagues to update on progress and manage expectations effectively
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner, as we value the communities we service
- Keep the vehicle you use clean, tidy and well cared for so it is ready to be used the next day
- Be required to provide night cover shunting to the Harlow distribution centre
- Flexibility is essential as you will be required to support with home deliveries
- Be physically able to carry furniture in our customers’ homes, taking care to protect their property and personal effects
- Be passionate about providing an excellent customer experience to our customers in their homes
Experience & Qualifications
- You must hold a valid Class 2 licence
- You must hold a valid CPC Card and hold a Tachograph card
- You must have 6 points or less on your license
- You will need to have flexibility due to the start times as well as various other duties during down time
- Shunting experience preferred - training will be provided
- You must be physically able to undertake loading duties
- Passionate about delivering excellence
- Confident, engaging, polite and friendly
- Understanding, calm, professional and a team player
- Be smartly presented at all times with excellent customer service skills
- Be able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with targets agreed with customer
- DBS/CRB will be undertaken
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£29,952 per annum