Greenford Greenford Auriol Drive, Greenford Park UB60TP 51.546737 -0.349115
UK Greenford Sainsburys - 12325
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to join our team to lead the transport functions across our two London convenience sites at Charlton and Greenford.
You will quickly identify, build and then embed synergies across the two operations. You will be accountable for all aspects of the transport operation and be customer focused to deliver growth in revenue and profitability. You will be required to maximise the performance of the operation by leading the daily, weekly and monthly activities.and ensuring engagement with the two Management teams to deliver their objecvtives.
You will provide leadership, motivation, training and development of the teams, executing against customer requirements, operational performance and embedding a safety and people focused culture.
The role will be split between the two sites and will require equal time at each site.
- Accountable for all day to day Transport and Fleet operations
- Develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost-effective service.
- Ensuring high level of customer service to all sectors of the business
- Establishing a positive safety and working culture, delivering high levels of driver engagement
- Lead and manage recruitment, retention and deveolpment of the team
- Ensure site compliance with all relevant employment / transport legislation
- Run the transport operation in order to meet and exceed agreed budgets and KPI's covering costs, productivity and service standard.
- Manage the performance of the fleet in order to ensure maximum operational efficiency and service excellence.
- Engage with our customer including delivering change with customer buy in
- Network integration of store deliveries to optimise cost savings and unlock synergies
- Strategically deploy resource to ensure maximum service levels adherence with minimal cost impact
- Able to set, monitor and agree KPIs ensuring that you and your team meet and achieve all deadlines, targets and objectives
- Motivate and develop the transport team to ensure engagement, the flow of information provided to them, that they are managed effectively to their operational KPI’s and enabled to achieve their personal goals.
- Drive a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement by utilising the most appropriate methodology on a consistent basis.
- Achieve a best in class HSE performance within the operation and that a culture of safety is embedded in everything that we do.
- Work collaboratively with Warehouse Team, other internal departments and service providers in partnership with customer.
Person, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in leading retail transport and haulage operations
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to have tough conversations and manage potential conflict whilst maintaining effective communication.
- Successful in building effective stakeholder relationships with the ability to influence management teams’ thinking to deliver high performance through a culture of accountability and ownership.
- Knowledge and experience of using information technology and relevant systems to drive performance.
- Personal resilience, tenacity and motivated by achievement
- Innovative with an enthusiasm to drive positive growth the development of new and existing initiatives, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate the expected behaviours and standards of a people leader to help recruit, engage and develop the capability of our people and generate the right customer service culture for our business.
- Provides Colleagues and business partners with candid and regular feedback, provides colleagues with development opportunities, supports with career opportunities, inspires others to develop themselves
- Provide team members with regular performance feedback including robust year-end evaluations
- Communicates openly, motivates and inspires, creates a positive work environment, manages team performance, sets a good example for the team. Provide constructive feedback in a clear manner
- Good commercial knowledge of transport operations, ideally including experience of operating in both open and closed book environments.
- Competitive salary
- BUPA Health Care
- Excellent holiday benefit
- Growth and development opportunities
- Canteen on site
- Employee benefits and assistance programmes
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Greenford Sainsburys - 12325