London London Anchor and Hope Lane SE7 7SN 51.4908649 0.0293201
UK Charlton Sainsburys - 12323
This is a new and challenging role reporting into the HR London Convenience ER Advisor and covering two sites in Greenford and Charlton with a base at Charlton
You will take full ownership of a wide range of HR activities across two busy 24/7 Sites and you will therefore need to be flexible in your working hours. This is not a normal 9-5-day role.
You will be responsible for a number of key HR activities and using data to drive a continuous improvement cycle of supporting Line Managers in HR matters such as Absence Management , Induction , Probationary process and others.
You will partner with Line Managers offering a professional and pragmatic HR service, which is customer and commercially focused. You will guide Managers through basic HR issues and escalating and prioritsing where needed,
This is a key role within the site, and as the HR coordinator you must be confident to advise , challenge and deliver whilst supporting ER , L&D and recrutiment and would suit someone who is a credible HR person and who can influence and is looking to further a career in HR.
The role may require travel to Greenford but will be based in Charlton
- Provide first level advice and guidance to managers on HR issues
- Lead on maintaining and updating HR Information Systems to ensure it is used to its full potential to provide appropriate and timely management reports.
- Preparing period HR data to agreed timescales
- Process starter and leaver administration liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide efficient and proactive HR administration support
- Monitor probation process of new starters and support Managers to deliver within timescales
- Support on Absence management with Line Managers
- Special Leave administration, changes to terms & conditions.
- Organise and service HR related meetings including preparing agendas and taking minutes.
- Undertake HR Project work and support organisational HR initiatives.
- Preferred CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of supporting high volume HR case work
- Good working knowledge of what is happening in the ER / IR / TU arena with good working knowledge of HR best practice approaches
- Business and commercial acumen with the ability to influence Managers
- Ability to be creative, challenge the norms and try new ideas
- Problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written skills and capable of compiling basic HR communications eg outcome letters
- The ability to work in a highly agile, fast paced matrix environment whilst managing a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communciation skills to manage from a differnet site where required
The successful candidate must be flexible in thier working hours to cover 2 sites and a 24 hour a day operation
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Charlton Sainsburys - 12323