Employee Relations Advisor
London London Anchor and Hope Lane SE7 7SN 51.4908649 0.0293201
UK Charlton Sainsburys - 12323
This is a new and challenging role reporting into the HR London Convenience HR Manager and covering two sites in Greenford and Charlton
You will take full ownership of a wide range of ER cases across two busy 24/7 Sites and you will therefore need to be flexible in your working hours. This is not a normal 9-5-day role.
You will be responsible for the full spectrum of Employee relations activity within the sites , using data to drive a continuous improvement cycle of supporting and upskilling Line Managers in all ER matters.
You will partner with Line Managers and Senior Managers offering a professional and pragmatic ER service, which is customer and commercially focused. You will guide Managers through disciplinary, grievance, flexible working and capability procedures ensuring they operate within the relevant HR policy, as well as co-ordinating and driving forward any outstanding casework activity.
This is a key role within the site, and as the Employee Relations Advisor you must ensure all employees are treated fairly and consistently throughout their employment.
The role will require travel to both sites in Charlton and Greenford
• Leads, mentors and develops the Site Management Teams. Is able to prioritise Line Manager queries / issues in an efficient manner and to effectively support and challenge where appropriate
• Maintains positive relationships with the site Trade union reps
• Provides positive input to the policy review process - highlighting the areas to change / amend / develop
• Works closely with the HRM to ensure that the needs of the business are being met in terms of day to day case management as well as proactive actions to ensure we get things right 1st time
• Builds relationships with stakeholders across the business in order to support them on all ER&P activities and requirements arising;
• Is proactive in the development and delivery of a continuous training programs, working in conjunction with HR Team to upskill line managers in ER&P matters
• Reports on ER matters and metrics for a wide number of stakeholders
• Will assist and support major business changes within your region – and must be flexible in hours of work
- Preferred CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of managing high volume disciplinary / grievance / ER case work
- Strong working knowledge of what is happening in the ER / IR / TU arena with good working knowledge of HR best practice approaches
- Business and commercial acumen with the ability to influence Managers
- Ability to be creative, challenge the norms and try new ideas
- Coaching mindset with problem solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to de-complexity ER topics
- Excellent written skills and capable of compiling complex HR communications eg outcome letters
- The ability to work in a highly agile, fast paced matrix environment whilst managing a variety of senior stakeholders
- Have a strong understanding of current legislation and the impact this has on employee relations
- Excellent verbal communciation skills to manage from a differnet site where required
- Manage 2 HR Co Ordinators
The successful candidate must be flexible in thier working hours to cover 2 sites and a 24 hour a day operation
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Charlton Sainsburys - 12323