Head of Employee & Industrial Relations
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
We are seeking a talented Head of Employee & Industrial Relations to join our Group HR function. The role could be based either in our Head Office in Chippenham or one of our Midlands offices with the requirement to travel.
We’re committed to making Wincanton the best place to work and do business with, by having a great workforce that’s engaged in the delivery of our operational and strategic plans. For this to happen it’s important that we’re working in ways that make our colleagues proud to work for us, with terms and conditions that are fit for purpose.
The Head of Employee & Industrial Relations is accountable for making sure our various teams are equipped with the right knowledge, tools and skills when it comes to Employee and Industrial relations to optimise their business.
Through working in partnership with our Trade Union’s you’ll proactively manage these relationships to understand where issues may be arising, and work on resolving them before they impact our colleagues and operations. Through your knowledge of employment law, you’ll always make sure we’re prepared ahead of any changes.
- Employee & Industrial Relations Strategy
- Future Thinking & Focus
- Terms & Conditions
- Employee Relations Programmes
- Subject Matter Expert
- ER/IR Framework
- Information & Consultation of Employees (ICE)
- Annual ER/IR
- Employment Tribunals
- ER Case Management
- IR Case Management
- ER/IR Capability Development
- ER/IR Metric & Reporting
- ER/IR Operating Model
What you will bring
- Proven track record of strategic leadership of the ER agenda
- Demonstrated ability to delivery large scale change and transformation programmes.
- Experience of developing and implementing Employee Relations strategy to drive business performance.
- Experience as Senior HR or Employee Relations leadership role
- Experience in leading people directly and indirectly.
- Experience of conducting complex investigations and managing significant employee relations challenges in a multi-national organisation.
- Experience in dealing with Trade unions and works councils.
- Solid understanding of EU, UK and Irish employment and employment legislation.
- Analytical with experience of analysing trends, developing insight to drive strategic decision making.
- An outstanding business partner agile, connected and accountable for delivery.
- Highly commercial able to engage in business development discussions with significant credibility.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with Leaders at all levels.
- High levels of trust, humility and integrity to act as the conscious of the business
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189