Class 1 Night Drivers
Wigan Wigan Fourmarts Road, Martland Park WN5 0LR 53.553892 -2.6737894
UK Wigan GH
PERMANENT NIGHT ROLE – working 4 on 4 off – Class 1 Drivers – Basic annual salary £28,445.13 pa
Class 1 Night Drivers needed as part of our general haulage supply chain provider based out of Wigan.
This is a permanent position on £12.61ph, working nights, 4 on 4 off
- 6th shift payment £30 plus hourly rate
- £24.70 per night out
- Contracted to 45 hours per week
- HUGE opportunity to work overtime
- NEW DRIVERS WELCOME, TRAINING PROVIDED!
Working 4 on 4 off nights, start times between 16:00 - 22:00. If you are flexible and keen to join our General Haulage team - GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
You will be delivering and collecting from the same site and preparing your trailers in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections.
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures.
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures.
- To undertake the necessary training to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid in date Class 1 licence.
- Must hold a valid in date CPC.
- Must hold a digi card.
- Must have no more than 6 points on licence.
- Manual handling may be required.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised.
- Flexibility and passion to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges.
- Awareness for vehicle cleanliness.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Wigan GH