Livingston Livingston Carnegie Road, Livingston EH54 8QX 55.896335 -3.53565
UK Livingston PFS - 11636
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Controller in one of our Pullman Fleet Services Workshops in Livingston.
- Responsibility for the safety of the working environment and all colleagues/persons within it
- Ensure the Technicians carry out preventative maintenance and repairs in accordance with Pullman Fleet Services Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure cost effective methods of replacing parts.
- Responsible for correct completion of all relevant paperwork and documentation in a timely manner through to final input.
- Responsible for effective communication with staff, customers and colleagues.
- Manage and maintain VOR and downtime of the fleet profile to a minimum.
- Provide estimates to customers on follow-up repairs.
- Control of the day to day operation and all responsible duties relating to the workshop loading and planning.
- Identify the requirements for replacement parts and ensure that these are fitted correctly and identify possible warranty claims.
- Prepare and submit to the customer estimates and costing, minimising vehicle down time.
- Ensure productivity levels are maintained in accordance with set budgets.
- Manage technicians overtime to suit operational demands.
- Manage holiday / sickness cover of the technicians.
- Manage and update a daily VOR status report on the customer’s fleet electronically.
- Brief out company H+S information and technical bulletins when required
- Workshop and managerial awareness and experience
- Experience of health and safety fundamentals
- Experience of service and workshop processes and procedures
- IT Literate – MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point packages
- Flexible and adaptable to changes in a demanding environment
- Be able to prioritise accordingly to suit workloads and react to changes
- Excellent customer awareness skills
Pullman is the largest independent provider of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management in the UK with an enviable track record stretching back over 30 years. We have a national network of over 38 HGV/LCV service centres, over 150 mobile service vans and in excess of 600 trained technicians. Offering service excellence, we are trusted by many of the UK’s largest commercial fleet operators to keep their businesses on the move.
As well as repairing all makes and variants of commercial vehicles, Pullman is a leading player in transport refrigeration and tail lift servicing. We also have a national customer service centre, which operates 24/7/365 to provide ‘best in class’ fleet management solutions, as well as outstanding roadside assistance services for commercial fleets.
Our people are the driving force behind the success of our business and we have a team approach with a real passion for delivering excellence to our customers and innovatively developing our business in partnership with existing and potential customers… we’re one step ahead..
UK Livingston PFS - 11636