Class 1 Night Driver
Oxfordshire Oxfordshire Banbury OX16 2AA 52.079639 -1.3291593999
DCS - Oxford
We currently are recruiting committed and reliable Class 1 Driver, to join our operation in Banbury Oxfordshire.
PERMANENT ROLE – Monday to Friday – NIGHTS - Up to £35,911.20 based on 50 hours per week working Monday to Friday starting at 18:00
Basic salary - £30,045.60pa – based on 45 hours per week and no uplifts
Working Monday - Friday but with the flexibility to cover a Saturday if required.
Start times between 17:00 and 20:00
- £30,045.60 - per annum
- £12.84 per hour
- £14.00 per hour between 18:00 & 04:00
- £14.05 per hour from 00:01 Saturday – 23:59 Sunday
- £15.14 per hour for Bank holidays
- 6th shift payment £30 plus hourly rate
- £24.70 per night out
You will be delivering and collecting from several different sites and preparing your trailers in accordance with customer requirements on time critical deliveries and collections
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures.
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures.
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices.
- Ensure you are the driving force behind delivering exceptional customer service.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 Licence
- Must hold a valid DCPC Card
- Must hold a Digi Card
- Must have no more than 6 points on licence
- Manual handling may be required.
- Overtime will be expected.
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised.
- Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges.
- Awareness for vehicle cleanliness.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. 20 days annual leave potentially increasing by 1 per year (up to a max of 5 additional days). These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business’s better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment
DCS - Oxford