DMS Systems Administrator
Bridgwater Bridgwater TA6
Due to a recent business win, an exciting opportunity for an experienced DMS system administrator has been created at a new Wincanton operation in Bridgwater. This is a key role that will be central to the successful delivery of a contract win where Wincanton will provide warehousing and transport services for goods being delivered.
The primary function of this role will be to operate in a logistics environment where you will carry work closely with the customer to resolve queries in relation to a newly created Delivery Management System. Working within a safety-first culture, the successful candidates will be part of a new and exciting operation, whereby a collaborative approach is essential.
Whilst core hours will be between Monday and Friday a flexible approach to working is required to support out of hours operations on an on call rota that will be agreed with the contract Stock and Systems manager.
The role reports in to the Stock and Systems Manager.
- Contribution towards a Zero Harm culture across the contract and project
- Making and receiving calls to seek issue resolution
- Dealing with internal and external customers
- Responsible for managing and reporting equipment returns and generating reports to confirm maintenance and schedule
- To communicate any system issues with the Wincanton Service Now help desk
- Demonstrate high standards to achieve KPI’s in safety, quality, performance and service
- 100% accuracy in all aspects of the operation
- Hours of work may vary as is necessary to support the contract
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of working within a logistics environment is desirable
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a safety-first mind set
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond positively to changing demands
- Experience of working in a role where Compliance and Accuracy were key metrics would be a distinct advantage
- PC Literate, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel with experience of warehouse management systems
- Experience of interpreting and analysing information
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, working as part of a high-performance team
- Works to a high standard of detail meeting deadlines, with a good ability to prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Succeeds in building effective relationships across teams to deliver high, accurate performance
- Flexible and responds positively and reliably to internal and external customer requirements
- Hands on approach and to be able to accept and deliver change where necessary
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
We aim to provide our services to the customer to the highest standard. If you feel you could join our team to ensure our successful contract delivery, we would love to hear from you.