Fixed Term Network Analyst - Capacity & Planning
Stafford Stafford Unit DC1, Mustang Drive, Prologis Park, Shackleton Way ST16 1GY 52.866199 -1.801264
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11490
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Network Analyst to join our successful team on the Screwfix contract.
As the Network Analyst you will be responsible for building detailed planning models looking at the stock flows between our Network of Distribution Centre’s and provide detailed analysis to network teams to support optimization.
- Developing a deep understanding of how the DC network and operations work
- Build and own network throughput and stock capacity / forecast models using a variety of data from various sources and convert forecasted outputs into detailed strategic plans
- You will perform detailed analysis of forecasts, to create a network capacity and throughput plan, ensuring forward Catalogues and events are modelled with network impact detailed
- Produce network dashboards to monitor network performance against plan and provide early warnings in performance and balance shifts
- Provide detailed solutions to rebalance network, engage with key stakeholders across the contract to share solutions and manage through to completion
- Review capacity planning tools and models across the network and support standardisation by sharing best practise
- Provide training and development to wider network analysts
- Initiate and support continuous improvement across DC network by identifying areas of focus and providing data analysis
- Understanding of the Matflo warehouse management system’s and the background database layout (tables, fields etc.)
- Prepare PowerPoint period packs for the monthly customer review based around what has happened through the period and what the forward view shows Daily and Weekly feedback to the Network team through meetings.
- You should have demonstrable and relevant experience using different tools to extract and analyse data (especially SQL, Excel & Matflo), root cause analysis, process improvement and Project management
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and organise own workload, responsiveness, show creativity and be a self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with customer, peers and senior leadership
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to promote our core values and beliefs
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with excellent presentation skills
- Logistics / supply chain / analyst and planning experience is essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and commitment are essential characteristics in this fast-paced environment
- Strong degree of PC literacy, with an emphasis on accuracy and an extensive knowledge of spreadsheets / MS Excel is essential, along with proven competency dealing with Macros, SQL and databases
- Good knowledge of structured problem-solving tools and methodologies
- Proven negotiation skills with senior stakeholders including customers;
- Travel around the network will be required.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11490