Capacity and Planning Clerk
Stafford Stafford Unit DC1, Mustang Drive, Prologis Park, Shackleton Way ST16 1GY 52.866199 -1.801264
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11490
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Capacity and Planning Clerk to join our successful team on the Screwfix contract.
As a Capacity and Planning Clerk your will, be responsible for planning and reporting performance of our network and ensure smooth flow of stock movements between our sites. This is key role in the capacity and planning team that will cover all areas, inbound, outbound, layout, reporting etc
We will help you develop your understanding of the network and teach you new skills and tools needed to be successful in the role, you will work with a network of key stakeholders across our DC’s and gain exposure with our customers teams and third-party companies we collaborate with.
- Provide smoothed inbound plans for Import and Domestic channels in line with budgeted capacity ensuring that we target stock availability within our picking DC’s
- Provide analysis support to the Network analyst teams to ensure efficient flow and management of stock levels across the network
- Support dual stocking project, and provide reporting on stock levels and action as required to rebalance and share further opportunities to enhance benefit
- Produce operational and planning reports to show network and site performance and share with key stakeholders
- You will be required to provide accurate data entry into various spreadsheet/trackers that are in use
- Build strong relationships and lines of communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support layout, with inbound and promotional data to help drive efficient layouts, support layout projects and day to day activity / reporting as required
- Provide support and update systems not limited to but including:
- WMS updating location states, provide nailing and general planning updates
- We supply providing booking dates and location changes
- Griffin – provide container updates and received dates
- Work with the customer to obtain accurate data and use this to drive efficient planning and reduce double handling
- Support with the creation of reports and presentations for the department
- Support continuous improvement across department and wider network
- Identify opportunities for improving capacity and planning processes and continually update process guides for other users
- A team player with the energy and enthusiasm to promote our core values and beliefs
- Flexibility and the ability to plan and organise own workload, responsiveness, show creativity and be a self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with customer, peers and senior leadership
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written with excellent presentation skills
- Logistics / supply chain / analyst and planning experience is essential
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong degree of PC literacy, with an emphasis on accuracy and knowledge of spreadsheets / MS Excel is essential, along with proven competency dealing with Macros, SQL and databases
- High level of attention to detail with the confidence to challenge ideas / processes when required.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this position please email a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to
UK Stafford Screwfix - 11490