Warehouse Shift Manager
Harlow Harlow Wincanton c/o IKEA, RDC 240, Edinburgh Way CM20 2BN 51.784174 0.1150521
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manager to join our team at our IKEA site in Harlow. Reporting to the Distribution Centre Manager, the successful applicant will be working as part of a team of shift managers responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse operation. In this challenging role you will work 5 from 7 shifts.
- Accountable for the personal Health & Safety of all colleagues by ensuring all tasks are carried out to the relevant procedures and by adhering to safe working practices at all times
- A champion for both the Company and Customers vision and values
- Working closely with all peers to define, deploy and manage resource and equipment to optimise performance
- Involvement in ensuring all working procedures are clearly defined and cascaded, with regular reviews to ensure effectiveness
- Must be proactive in seeking improvements in process/methods of operating and also in the introduction of best practice within the site
- Responsible for the day to day management, ongoing development and motivation of a team of warehouse team leaders and their teams
- Responsible for the consistent achievement of Key performance Indicators and delivering a high level of on time, on cost customer service
- Ensuring excellent working relationships with the customer representatives
Skills, qualifications & experience
- Excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate in an open and honest manner with the team
- A committed, enthusiastic and flexible person to work various shift patterns which are able to respond to seasonal customer demands
- Working in a time critical, target driven environment as part of a team, yet able to make decisions in isolation
- Will have a proven track record in the management of people in a multi-cultural, diverse environment
- Will have the relevant experience in a warehouse at a similar management level
- They should have a working knowledge of the interaction between their own and other departments and key functions such as Stock and Systems, HR and Finance
- A good level of experience in the management of disciplinary processes and appeals
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.