Stock & Admin Team Manager - Nights (Secondment)
Leeds Leeds Bishopdyke Road, Sherburn In Elmet LS25 6JH 53.794551 -1.215744
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473
Stock & Admin Team Manager (Secondment)
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
An exciting secondment opportunity (up to 6 months) has arisen for a Stock and Admin Team Manager at our 550,000 sq ft multi temperature distribution centre in Sherburn In Elmet dedicated to Sainsbury’s.
- Reporting to the Stock and Admin Manager.
- To ensure stock and ordering accuracy and the provision of quality administration support to the warehouse
- To ensure physical stock compares against system generated stock books in all areas of the warehouse.
- To assist in the development, control and management of the stock management function within the depot
- To communicate any systems issues to colleagues at the depot in line with depot system escalation procedure
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement.
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPI’s
- Ensure department operates in line with all company and customer procedures and requirements relating to Health and Safety
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operation
- Experience of warehouse / distribution within a multi temperature, stock environment
- Sound knowledge of stock control systems
- Experience of warehouse management systems
- Experience of interpreting and analysing information
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Works to a high standard of detail meeting deadlines, understanding priorities.
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The above position will include shift and weekend work as the depot operates 24/7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any queries regarding the above position, please contact the HR Department on 01977 688400.
Closing Date: 24 September 2019
Internal applicants, please inform your manager if you are applying for this position.
UK Sherburn Sainsburys - 11473