Finance Systems Support Analyst
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated finance individual to work within the Finance Systems Team at Chippenham Head Office.
The role provides business user support for all Finance Systems including Oracle eBusiness Suite r12, Weir Finance System, and others.
The role has responsibility for thorough functional application testing of any enhancements and product updates and must follow the change control process for any requirements that impact the systems & interfaces, plus any required application management and administration.
- Responsible for providing ‘Expert User’ support to the Finance and wider business user community, analysing and resolving system problems, including root cause analysis.
- Ensuring the efficient maintenance of standing data change requests are accurately captured, tracked and appropriately implemented in a timely manner across all impacted systems.
- Maintenance of iProcurement catalogues, Approved Supplier Lists, iProcurement smart forms Chart of Account standing data and user accounts.
- Extracting and analysing data from back-office systems using Cognos Impromptu, SQL Developer and other available data analysis tools.
- Performing system testing for defects and developments to ensure correct functionality.
- Participation in Central and Operational projects to ensure system developments are considered and appropriately designed.
- Performing reconciliations of key general ledger accounts on Oracle and Weir Finance to ensure alignment.
- Providing and receiving cross-training with other colleagues to provide adequate team cover during holiday and other periods of absence.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer focused, approachable and a good team player.
- Be very organised with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure at busy times whilst maintaining accuracy and meeting set objectives within required timescales.
- Self-motivated and working with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- Fast learner and comfortable using different systems and software, including Microsoft Office, Oracle e-Business Suite R12 and Service Now.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, proficient in Microsoft Access
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills at all levels.
- Have an understanding of the procure to pay lifecycle.
- Have the ability to work with team members across organisational and geographical boundaries.
- Relevant accounting / Oracle support experience advantageous.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189