Senior P2P Accounting Assistant
Chippenham Chippenham Methuen Park SN14 0WT 51.445851 -2.147076
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189
A 12 month FTC has arisen for a P2P Senior Accounting Assistant within the Central Finance team based in Chippenham providing maternity leave cover.
Reporting to the Transactional Services Manager and working closely with the existing P2P Senior Accounting Assistant:
- Responsible for monitoring and developing Supplier processes for a number of Procurement categories.
- Providing Supplier invoicing performance feedback to the Procurement department and discussing improvement plans with the Supplier.
- Identifying the root cause of Supplier invoicing issues, working alongside Suppliers to design and implement solutions, then monitoring through to completion.
- Managing the outsourced Direct Debit payment allocation process, ensuring supplier issues are resolved quickly to maintain unallocated cash within targets.
- Manage day to day payments activity, ensure there are sufficient controls and offer process improvements.
- Perform month end controls and compliance processes, identifying gaps and implementing improvements.
- Understand SSC activities, perform weekly reviews and support the Continuous Improvement drive.
- Provide project support including performance trending insights, root cause analysis & process development.
- Other transactional activity as required both within the team.
- Part Qualified and dedicated to achievement of accounting qualification.
- Able to visualise processes and deliver changes.
- Passionate about improving processes and being proud of continually aiming for performance excellence.
- A strong communicator, able to explain perspective and influence others.
- A well organised individual who is self-motivated, uses initiative and capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach with a drive to succeed.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
UK Chippenham Head Office - 12189