Corby Corby Long Croft Road, Corby NN18 8EY 52.480506 -0.689489
UK Corby Multi User - 12474
Our continued success has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Finance Clerk at our Corby Shared User. The site is a multi-contract site operating closed book contracts in warehousing. Key challenges of the role include maintaining financial controls across all activities and contracts and in providing high quality, efficient financial information to the site’s customers as well as for internal reporting.
- Production of the Weekly Accounts and Stats Pack file to incorporate P&L Accounts down to contract level
- Collation and analysis of the site’s weekly labour utilisation with allocation of hours across each customer’s P&L Account
- Raising or reviewing all the sites sales invoices whether raised on a weekly or monthly basis
- Review and control of the site purchase ledger spend confirming that spend is authorised and within budgetary constraints
- Preparation of all journal, accrual and prepayment postings into the ledgers
- Reconciliations as part of the weekly P&L processes concerning volumes, hours, contract costs and H O ledger postings
- Producing weekly trackers for customers in terms of volumes and operating costs
- Control and reconciliations for all site contractual costs
- Analysis of operational and financial data to explain trends and justify expenditure levels.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of Customer review packs and annual budgets
- Completion of all month end processes to achieve required deadlines for both Wincanton and Customer Period Ends
- Working with the Finance Manager in developing further the site reporting model for P&L’s, Stats and KPI’s
- Assisting the Finance Manager on the quarterly forecast and annual budget process
- Reconciliation and control of monthly salaries in terms of establishment numbers and cost
- Assisting the Finance Manager in Cube Reporting
- Producing ad-hoc reports, costings and expenditure trend analysis as required
- Manage Time & Attendance output and Payroll on site through exception reporting & dealing with all queries in relation to any OT/Amendments/Costs.
- Signing off the Weekly and Monthly Payrolls in conjunction with the Distribution Centre Manager
- Performing the role of Site Kronos Super User
- Production of any exception reports such as WTD Reporting
Skills & Experience
- Flexibility and a high level of both self and team motivation are a must in what is a demanding multi-client operation
- Has experience of liaising directly with Customers and possesses good customer relationship management skills
- Demonstrate and possess an excellent and diverse range of PC skills
- Ideally a qualified accountant or working towards either MAAT or Part Qualified Accountant
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods
- Ability to work under his/her own initiative as well as part of the team
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Corby Multi User - 12474