7.5t or Class 2 Home Delivery Drivers
Basingstoke Basingstoke Rutherford Road RG24 8PD 51.2790619 -1.0730641
£31,000 per annum
Permanent Role - £31,000 per annum – Days - Tuesday to Saturday
We are looking for 7.5t and Class 2 drivers to join our new home delivery team working on behalf of Dixons Carphone in Basingstoke.
- £12.42 per hour
- New Drivers will be considered
- Start times between 06:30 to 07:00
- Tuesday - Saturday
- Contracted to 48 hours per week
In this role you will work in a two-person team to provide a first-class multi-drop home delivery and installation service.
We are looking for people who possess a passion for delivering customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile in order to give our customers a memorable experience.
You will be required to deliver and install electrical goods such as Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Fridges, and TV’s directly to customer’s homes – of the homes you visit around 75% will require a delivery only service, with 25% requiring installation.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation of their electrical goods
- Un-box each item and deliver to the room of choice of the customer, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal
- Collect returned items and products from customers’ homes and return to depot as required
- Average delivery distance covered is approximately 200km per route
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation
- Ensure correct completion of tachograph in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey
- reporting all defects as per the current procedure
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards
- DBS check will be undertaken
Experience & Qualifications
- MUST hold a valid in date 7.5T or Class 2 licence
- MUST hold a valid in date CPC Card
- MUST hold a valid in date Tachograph card
- No more than 6 points on driving licence
- 6 months driving experience preferred, however new drivers will be considered
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines
- Previous work experience in Home Delivery and Installation preferable, although training will be given to all successful candidates
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations, such as accidents or traffic congestion
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- A great team player
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and installing electrical products. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable of carrying out this nature of work.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
£31,000 per annum