Class 2 Delivery Driver
Darlington Darlington Allington Way, Yarm Road Industrial Estate DL1 4XT 54.525453 -1.512884
UK Darlington Magnet - 11070
We are looking for an experienced driver who has a passion for customer service to join our team in Darlington. You will be carrying out a mixture of deliveries for our Magnet contract within home delivery as part of a two-man crew.
- Predominantly Monday – Friday shifts
- Contracted to 50 hours per week
- Start times between 04:00 - 06:00
- 2-7 drops per day
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 50 hours worked
- No nights out and no bank holiday work
- Newly qualified drivers will be considered
- Lunar pay frequency
- Drive in a safe, responsible and courteous manner at all times, and in accordance with company policy & procedures, legislation and traffic regulations.
- Carry out a physically demanding role, whilst providing a positive customer experience, including some heavy manual handling.
- Carry out vehicle checks and ensure that defects are reported immediately and complete all paperwork in line with procedure.
- Report to the traffic office at start and finish of shift for debrief.
- Predominately driving Class 2 vehicles, however if you have a Class 1 license the is the opportunity to drive when required and during peak periods
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid in date Class 2 driving licence
- Must hold a valid in date CPC licence
- Must hold a valid in date Digi/Taco Card
- Must have no more than 6 points on licence
- Have a positive, flexible attitude to work
- Good timekeeper, with the ability to work unsupervised
- DBS check will be undertaken
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
If you feel that you have what it takes to support Wincanton in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
UK Darlington Magnet - 11070